Read more about being a Beta customer, our expectations and project suitability in the following support article outline our beta requirements.
Slave BMS for use with WatchMonPlus (WM5)
- Slave board to extend capability of WatchMonPlus (WM5)
- Allows use of WatchMonPlus (WM5) with higher voltage batteries
- Allows multiple parallel banks of batteries to be managed by one WatchMonPlus (WM5)
- Less wires: no daisy-chain network cables between cell monitors.
- Enable second life use of existing balancing connectors in OEM packs like Tesla, Nissan Leaf, Chevy Volt, etc. that use "shared" wires between each cell in series (recommended to attach 3A fuse inline as close to battery as possible to protect cabling).
- 10 to 15 cells in series (suitable to typical 48v lithium battery)
- cell monitoring from 0.50V to 5.50v with 0.001 resolution
- configurable to suit LiFePO4, Lithium-Ion or custom chemistry
- Auto-Level (balancing) function at 500mA with activity LED on each cell.
- Capable of 6 Ah/day balancing adjustment for each cell
- user configurable presets and controls
- 3 external temperature sensors
- Requires WatchMonPlus master unit
- Easy to use pluggable screw-terminal connectors.
- firmware upgrades via USB
- customisation via USB or WiFi
- default communication with master using CAN bus
- MultiMon runs on 12V not 48v
- a 48V-12V DC-DC is necessary or an external 12V supply
Inside the box:
- 1 x MultiMon MM8
- 1 x Din-rail holder
- 3 x Temperature sensors
On the wiring drawing everything in light blue square on the left can be repeated, the WatchMonPlus, the ShuntMon (SoC% Sensor) and if you want an Expansion Board (which you attach to the WatchMonPlus) are only needed once. Also, make sure that where we have placed cell level fuses as close to the battery terminals as possible to protect the wiring harness.