WatchMon CORE kit + CellMate K9
WatchMon-CORE replaces WM4
CellMate-K9 for Share balancing wiring (3 - 16s)
Introducing the next generation of WatchMon-CORE supervisor. We have made a new model, a stronger WM4...a better 4... now shall be named "WatchMon-CORE". This revamp is taking the lessons we have learnt from WM4 and building on this proven platform with a few new features.
Moving forward this will be the CORE building block that additional components will link to this supervisor in the future.
- BMS to suit LiFePO4, Lithium-Ion or custom chemistry
- User configurable parameters and control logic
- Configurable 30vdc 5A relay (i.e. remote circuit breaker trip, contactor or fan)
- Additional inputs/outputs via Expansion Board purchased separately
- Compatible with all Expansion Board (series 1, 2, or 3)
- Clock with backup battery
- data logging of key metrics for 10 years
- firmware upgrades via USB
- 4 stage display of State of Charge (SoC%)
- External ambient temperature sensor
- Easy to use pluggable screw-terminal connectors
- With distributed cell monitors capable of 28 Ah/day balancing adjustment for each cell
- Link to Shuntmon with 500A or 1000A power rating
- Compatible with MultiMon MM8
- WiFi connectivity (normal, disabled, or read only)
- CAN bus Opto-Insulated to remote charger/inverter equipment
- future feature to connecting to cloud portal via MQTT (secure link).
- Built-in 8v to 65v DC-DC supply
- with WiFi enabled consumes ~1.7W (Typical 48v battery budget 1Ah/day)
Inside the box:
- 1 x WatchMonCore
- 1 x USB A-B 1.5m extension cable
- 1 x Temperature sensor
- 1 x Screwdriver
- 1 x Sticker
Support content options
- 24 / 7 access to support content and video
- Email (fair use)
- Teamviewer remote interactive sessions
- Link to online support
- Easier to use layout than previous models
- Bigger DC-DC (6W) supporting 8-65V supply
- CMU and Shunt serial ports have a different number of pins to avoid confusion
- New on-board Relay (30vdc 5a relay) making it easier for DIY wiring
Optional Expansion Board (series 3) details
- 3 x Mechanical 30Vdc 5A relay outputs
- 3 x Solid state relay SSR 65vdc 5A isolated modules outputs
- 2 x Isolated inputs 5-65vdc sensor channel
- 2 x ADC 0-5vdc (future development option)
- 1 x RS485 Serial port (future development option)
- 1 x Remote Addressable LED (future development option)
- Compatible with all supervisors
Following optional extras can be purchased
- Expansion board
- 500A or 1000A Shunt monitor
- Extra Support
CellMate-K9 is suitable for a shared wiring harness that can be used in conjunction with the WatchMon CORE supervisor. - WatchMon CORE not included.
- 3s to 16s enabling 12V and 16s 48V systems shared wiring harness
- Two or more CellMate-K9 can be daisy chained to create a higher voltage battery.
- Multistring is possible using multiple CellMate-K9, e.g. one per CellMate-K9 per 12V, 24V or 48V bank
- Many CellMate-K9 can be daisy chained to grow your system.
- Requires with WatchMon CORE supervisor.
- Separating cell monitoring from the supervisor for a more robust solution.
- Able to have Fan mounted to enhance balancing
- Pluggable connectors for easy wiring.
- Enable second life use of existing balancing connectors in OEM packs like Tesla, Nissan Leaf, Chevy Volt, etc. that use "shared" wires between each cell in series (recommended to attach 3A fuse inline as close to battery as possible to protect cabling).
- cell monitoring from 0.50V to 5.50v with 0.001 resolution
- configurable to suit LiFePO4, Lithium-Ion or custom chemistry
- Auto-Level (balancing) function at 500mA with activity LED on each cell.
- Capable of 6 Ah/day balancing adjustment for each cell
- user configurable presets and controls
- 4 external temperature sensors
- 5 LEDs showing operating status and battery SoC% (state of charge)
Inside the box:
- 1 x CellMate-K9
- 1 x Din-rail holder
- 4 x Temperature sensors
- 1 x 5 pin 15cm connection cable
- 16s TestMon
- Set of 18 in line 3A fuses
Mounting a Fan
CellMate-K9 has been designed to allow a 50mm Fan to be mounted to enhance balancing performance if customer desires.
Fan is not supplied.
- M3 screws to mount Hex standoffs to the CellMate-K9
- Standoffs should be 30mm in order to clear the heat sink.
- Fan hole centers are 50mm apart.
- Fan power can be triggered by the logic of the WatchMon CORE
- Adopt one of the Relay/SSR to switch the fan power.
- Fan selection is a customer choice, Voltage (12,24,48,5V) etc.
- Fan is not to be powered from the onboard 5V DC-DC of the WatchMon CORE
Cable joins the CellMate K9 to WatchMon CORE and/or CellMate K9 to additional CellMate K9s in a daisy chain with terminator on last K9 in the daisy chain.
Helicopter preview of product with optional Expansion Board 3