WatchMon-CORE to suit Individual Cell Monitors
WatchMonCORE - Cell Monitoring Options
Choose the options to go with your WatchMon CORE
ADVISORY: LIMITED AVAILABILITY OF CELL MONITORS
BlockMon M8: Available in stock
LongMon: Available in stock.
LeafMon: Available, on request.
BlockMon M14: Availability.
WatchMonCORE can still communicate with distributed cell monitors:
- BlockMon-M8 for Prismatic cells to ease mounting
- LongMon for Typical 18650 repurposed cells
- LeafMon for Nissan Leaf cells
Introducing the next generation of WatchMon supervisors. This revamps takes the lessons we have learnt from WM4 and builds on this proven platform with a few new features.
WatchMonCORE will be the core building block and additional components will link to this supervisor in the future.
- BMS to suit LiFePO4, Lithium-Ion or custom chemistry
- User configurable parameters and control logic
- Configurable 30vdc 5A relay (i.e. remote circuit breaker trip, contactor or fan)
- Additional inputs/outputs via Expansion Board purchased separately
- Compatible with all Expansion Board (series 1, 2, or 3)
- Clock with a backup battery
- Data logging of key metrics for 10 years
- firmware upgrades via USB
- 4-stage display of State of Charge (SoC%)
- External ambient temperature sensor
- Easy-to-use pluggable screw-terminal connectors
- With distributed cell monitors capable of 28 Ah/day balancing adjustment for each cell
- Link to Shuntmon with 500A or 1000A power rating
- Compatible with MultiMon MM8
- WiFi connectivity (normal, disabled, or read-only)
- CAN bus Opto-Insulated to remote charger/inverter equipment
- future feature to connect to the cloud portal via MQTT (secure link).
- Built-in 8v to 30v DC-DC supply
- With WiFi enabled consumes ~1.7W (Typical 48v battery budget 1Ah/day)
- When powering the WatchMonCORE (version 4.5) with a supply above 30Vdc (i.e. 48V battery pack voltage), always connect to an isolated DC-DC (ideally 24Vdc) to ensure a robust, long-term, and reliable product.
Inside the box:
- 1 x WatchMonCore
- 1 x USB A-B 1.5m extension cable
- 1 x Temperature sensor
- 1 x Screwdriver
- 1 x Sticker
Support content options
- 24 / 7 access to support content and video
- Email Support (Fair use)
- Teamviewer remote interactive sessions
- Extra Support - *Email fair use is included free but if you need more help and advanced technical assistance, you can buy upfront or later on an as-needed basis via Zoom or similar.
- Easier to use layout than previous models
- Cell Monitor port (aka CMU) now with its own external fully isolated communication module named "IsoMon3" that can link to LongMon, BlockMon and LeafMon
- CMU and Shunt serial ports have a different number of pins to avoid confusion
- New onboard Relay (30vdc 5a relay) making it easier for DIY wiring
Optional Expansion Board (series 3) details
- 3 x Mechanical 30Vdc 5A relay outputs
- 3 x Solid state relay SSR 65vdc 5Amax isolated modules outputs (1A cont.)
- 2 x Isolated inputs 5-65vdc sensor channel
- 2 x ADC 0-5vdc (future development option)
- 1 x RS485 Serial port (future development option)
- 1 x Remote Addressable LED (future development option)
- Compatible with all supervisors
Optional extras can be purchased:
- Expansion Board
- 500A or 1000A Shunt Monitor
- Cell monitors to suit your battery
Extra Support - * Email fair use is included free but if you need more help and advanced technical assistance, you can buy upfront or later on an as-needed basis via Zoom or similar.
Helicopter preview of the Product with Optional Expansion Board 3
Overview and Unboxing
Step-by-Step Supervisor Installation with LongMons